The Vesper High Performance Team has 7 athletes who have earned spots on Team USA for the 2017 Senior World Rowing Championships. In addition to those athletes, the program has several developing athletes.
The primary goal of this position is to coach/train athletes in small boats with the goal of placing athletes on the US National Team, and getting those athletes to the podium. Good communication skills and the ability to provide a flexible, well thought out, scientifically based training plan are also a must.
Key expectations for this coach are:
• Recruit and train developing and elite level athletes, to help them realized their potential, with the goal of winning medals at the World Championship and Olympic regattas.
• Provide a comprehensive, year-round training plan, for all athletes in the program.
• Track athlete performance, and help define and award additional benefits to athletes based on performance.
• Ability to travel for key regattas—both nationally and internationally—to support athletes as well as travel for any training trips as needed. (It is expected that the majority of the training will occur at Vesper Boat Club on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia.
• Help select and oversee any assistant coaches, with the approval of the Vesper Board of Directors
• Work with other Vesper programs and coaches to coordinate training times, launch and equipment usage (Vesper also has a Master Racing Program, several high school tenants and U23 and juniors summer Pprograms).
• Work with the Vesper Racing Committee to ensure the goals of the program are being achieved.
• Work with the Vesper Equipment Committee to ensure high performance fleet meets the needs of the team, and is always in working order
• Work with the Vesper Fundraising Committee to help raise funds for the high performance program (for travel, etc.)
• Annually, help select Vesper Athletes for nominations for athlete awards.
• Willing to proudly represent Vesper Boat Club.
Vesper is open to applicants looking for part time or full time work. Should the position be awarded as a full time position additional administrative tasks would be expected and would be discussed with any potential candidates.
Applicants intersted in this position should contact Shannon Kaplan syottkaplan at gmail dot com